When your child attends the Montessori Children’s House, their experience is governed by our overarching vision of World Peace and our mission to nurture respect, curiosity and imagination; to inspire a passion for excellence; and to awaken the human spirit.
Each day, your child will be involved in a learning environment that:
- focuses on the child, not the teacher
- responds to and is prepared for their needs and interests, social, emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual development
- focuses on respect for their individual progress and development
- is free, within limits of appropriate behaviour determined by the staff and the children
- is stress free where children learn to work in harmony with others
- comprises a mixed-age group of children, where older children support the younger children and become role models
- encourages learning as an individual, in a small group, or within the group as a whole
- is staffed by responsive, conscientious, dedicated and well trained adults
- welcomes participation of parents and other members of the community
- recognises that children possess an intrinsic motivation to learn and to become independent and competent beings
- enhances this motivation by the following modes of learning: learning through the use of materials; spontaneous learning; and, active discovery learning, and
- is set in a beautiful environment comprising historical horse stables, surrounded by the natural environment.
Our learning environment provides children with age appropriate practical resources, from which they choose and use to learn.